So we’re on the eternal search for “the Spot” that will allow me to sip tea and write best sellers while bean makes big big money and the lil ones scamper.
Possible locations are (were)
1) Pacific Northwest, specifically Portland and Northern Cali, but also and not limited to Canada or northern Washington.
2) Dali in Yunnan Province or environs, including Shaxi, the “other side of the lake” and nearby undiscovered Bai villages with internet access
3) the Dirty Du Chengdu and nearby satellites such as Dujiangyan
4) Mipples aks MPLS aka the Twins where i got mad fam and peeps.
5) random dope location like a yurt on a cliff in New Zealand, a villa in a small alley in Spain, a ranch in Argentina or a bungalow in the Andamans.
None of them actually take the cake and that’s disturbing because that means that I myself do not take the cake, seeing as my own internal spiritual condition dictates the pleasure magnitude of my location. Right?
But until I can purge the devil with a get-enlightened-quick remedy, i’ll have to just look for the best environment. What do I mean by “best”?
i have to have green plants and blue sky and clean water
an open space for the kids to run around in
a network and release valves for Bean and me
time to write bestselling novels
So for example, most US locations can provide the first two, but fall on the last three.
Most Chinese locations fail on the first two and hit on the last three. Europe, again, fulfills the first two but fails on the last two or three.
If I could find a good income and a cool network for Bean in the US or Europe, BAM!
If I could find a non-polluted, non-shit hole in China, BAM!
So. that’s pretty much the topic on my brain at all times.